Sunday, May 20, 2007

one year ago...

ONE year ago, i was going through the process of admitting myself into NTU business, making resolutions to mug till my ass falls off.

ONE year on, i'm in london mugging for the once-a-year exams. and I'm studying in LSE, which apparently is a tough uni to get in. hmm.. i should really count my blessings. I'm not saying that it was easy for me to get into LSE, having faced many rejections for the more supposedly 'functional' courses, it's just that it seemed like i got into LSE by a stroke of luck or maybe because no other Singaporeans were competing with me for a place in Social Policy! Haha! but hello! i kinda like social policy! it's special, even if it may be irrelevant to Singapore but heck! i revel in the process of learning about the 3 worlds of welfare capitalism, about NHS, about education blar blar blar! and now, even if you were to give me a chance to switch to BSc Economics, i think i might just forgo it! :)

Shimmie thinks shimmie might get a 2:1 this year but Shimmie still has a shot at first... cos i still have 2 essay papers and half a unit to go! so work on shimmie! at least towards a 2:1! no, i'm not a grade obsessed freak, just that i do want to have a good end to a good year! maybe i still dont want it that badly (Shimmie always loses steam after a while, which is a weakness that she succumbs to all the time), but yes, i do want it. so steady girl! all the way!

Shimmie fears that shimmie might be the only Singaporean among all the Singaporean high-fliers, the scholarship holders, the muggers in LSE, to get a second. ok, my realistic aim is a 2:1 ok? my optimistic goal is a 1:1. hee!

No comments: